The midwives at Women’s Care are Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNMs), which means they are registered nurses. These nurses completed graduate coursework and clinical training from an accredited education program. Our board-certified midwives guide patients from the prenatal through postpartum phases of pregnancy. CMNs offer holistic, compassionate care that is mindful of the individual.
Throughout a patient’s pregnancy, a midwife may:
- Conduct prenatal exams and order tests
- Give patients information and resources to make informed decisions
- Offer support and advice
- Help prepare for labor and birth
- Look at a baby’s health, growth and position
- Provide emotional support
- Offer advice on nutrition, exercise and staying healthy
- Monitor progress and offer strategies during labor
- Coach you through a natural birth or offer pain relief when necessary
- Get specialized medical attention if needed
- Support new mothers with breastfeeding
- Demonstrate bathing and diaper changing techniques
- Conduct some newborn health screenings
Midwives can offer a personalized health care experience, defined in partnership between a patient and the midwife. Each midwife experience could be unique, depending on the individual.