Where We Deliver
The OBGYNs and midwives of Women’s Care believe that all women have the right to expect the best possible care and counseling before, during, and after pregnancy.
To provide the best experience for our patients during labor and delivery, our OBGYNs and midwives deliver at The Birthing Place at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend. Having your baby at PeaceHealth is the best of both worlds: experience a relaxing, low-intervention birth with the security of delivering in a hospital.
In addition to personalized care delivered by our team of doctors and midwives, our patients enjoy the following benefits during their stay:
- Comforting, spacious private birthing suites allow you to labor in the positions that work best for you
- Homelike atmosphere in rooms with medical equipment out of site and dimming lights
- Jacuzzi tubs to ease labor pains and help you relax during contractions
- Tools such as birthing balls, stools, and kneeling pads to support different labor positions
- Hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, and your choice of music for relaxation
- One-to-one continuous care and support during labor by a nurse who is trained in low-intervention childbirth
- Wireless, intermittent monitoring to promote freedom of movement
- Baby placed skin-to-skin on your chest right after delivery to support bonding
- Delayed cord clamping, when medically possible, to allow more blood to flow from the placenta to the baby after delivery
- Couplet care rooms where mom and baby are cared for together by the same nurse
- Certified nurse lactation specialists to help you initiate breastfeeding
- Optional early discharge after delivery
Although most pregnancies and birth experiences go smoothly, if complications do arise, The Birthing Place at PeaceHealth Riverbend offers neonatal support rooms attached to the birthing suites, and a level 3 neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), the highest level intensive care unit in the area, equipped to handle even the littlest of patients.
As your partner in healthcare, our doctors and midwives will communicate with you throughout your labor and delivery, so you can make the most informed choices about your treatment and care.