Center for Continence and Prolapse
Our center was developed in part because of Dr. Edwards’ special interest in urogynecology, and the unique issues surrounding pelvic support as well as her commitment to providing the highest quality of care to her patients.
Women oftentimes do not tell their doctor about their symptoms of urinary incontinence and less than half of women seek medical care. Instead, they rely on absorbent pads or limit their activity and change their lifestyle, to deal with the condition. They may feel ashamed or even avoid certain social or work events. The Continence and Pelvic Support Center is here to help.
Our services include:
- Evaluation of female urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency
- Behavioral, biofeedback and nonsurgical treatment of urinary and bowel disorders
- Surgical treatment of urinary incontinence, including new, minimally invasive approaches
- Evaluation of abnormal bowel control, including difficult evacuations and leakage
- Surgical treatment of bowel incontinence
- Neurophysiologic testing of pelvic floor muscles and nerves
- Specialized evaluations and treatment of new pelvic problems following childbirth
- Individualized treatment of loss of support to pelvic organs
- Specialists trained in simple and complex surgical procedures to treat disorders of the pelvic floor
Once an underlying cause of the disorder is discovered, our director, Melissa Edwards, MD, will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan. There are many surgical and nonsurgical interventions available, depending on your individual circumstances.
Forms and Information
Information on Urogynecology